Please note that the practice does not offer a private travel vaccination service.
What NHS travel vaccinations are available from our practice?
We can provide a limited range of NHS available travel vaccinations (subject to availability) - including:
- Heptatitis A
- Diptheria / tetanus / polio
If you are planning to travel, are currently registered with our practice and believe that you need one of the above vaccinations - please call to book a 10 minute nurse appointment. You will need to tell us where you plan to visit when you book the appointment.
We are sorry - but out nurses cannot provide:
- advice about what other travel vaccinations you may need
- advice about malaria
- private travel vaccinations
A leaflet is available which provides further advice about how you can find out what vaccinations you have already had and where you can go to for your vaccinations: travel leaflet
There is further information about countries and vaccinations required on the links below:
How to plan your appointments
If you are planning to travel abroad - it is important to make your initial appointment with your chosen travel vaccination provider as below:
- Your initial appointment needs to be at least 8 weeks before you travel. This is because many travel vaccinations may not held in stock and may have to be ordered for you - and you need to have the vaccinations in enough time to allow them to work before your travel date.
- Your second appointment needs to be at least 2 weeks before you travel to allow the vaccines to work.
Travel clinics in our area can be found by searching on websites.
A limited list of private travel clinics in our local area is listed in our leaflet (as above - though please note that we cannot recommend them and other travel clinics are available).
Travelling in Europe
If you are travelling to Europe the EU has published useful information for travellers on the European website.